Permanence Inquiry Co-ordinator
A number of medium sized and small children’s charities including The Adolescent and Children’s Trust, British Association for Adoption and Fostering, The Fostering Network, Together Trust, Who Cares Trust, Adoption UK, Family Rights Group and Research In Practice have come together to add their collective voice to the current debate around improving outcomes and achieving permanence for children in care and the role and contribution of adoption.
Our Permanence Inquiry will review research and practice in this area, hold a small number of discussion sessions with an invited expert audience and produce a report drawing on the feedback from the individual sessions which will identify current policy and practice issues.
We are now looking for a high calibre and suitably experienced individual to take a lead co-ordinating role in the Inquiry reporting to a steering group made up of representatives from the charities involved. The Inquiry will be liaising closely with ADCS, LGA, Central Government and other key stakeholders, partners and interest groups as it progresses. Appropriate administrative support will be provided to assist the smooth running of the Inquiry and to assist the Inquiry Co-ordinator.
- To advise the Steering Group on a range of issues involved in the project including Inquiry design.
- To call for abstract papers from academics and practitioners involved in areas of work covered by individual sessions.
- To review the abstracts and advise the Steering Group on individual session design and implementation. (We are anticipating that there will be up to three sessions).
- To liaise with presenters for completed papers to be presented to each session.
- To advise the Steering Group on potential attendees for each session.
- To ensure the smooth delivery of each session.
- To provide an efficient secretariat to each session including the writing up of key discussions.
- To pull together quickly the evidence provided to each session and the ensuing discussion at the session itself into a coherent report for the Steering Committee to consider that draws out the key themes and makes recommendations for policy and practice.
- To provide a final overview report for the Steering Committee to consider that pulls together the themes and recommendations from across the Inquiry.
- To act at all times as a critical friend to the Steering Committee helping to keep the Inquiry on track and focused.
The closing date is 8 May 2012. Please submit your application via CV, accompanied by a 300 word statement of the skills that you bring to this role and the approach that you would take. Please send your application to Kevin Williams, TACT, 303 Hither Green Lane, Hither Green, London SE13 6TJ or e-mail to email@example.com
Please be aware that this is not a post directly with the Fostering Network and all enquiries and applications must be made directly to Kevin Williams.