Fostering service membership
With you every step of the way…
With four decades of experience in fostering, we understand how demanding it can be to provide a quality fostering service. That’s why we’re the place to go for all you need to know to help you provide the best service possible.
Download our fostering service membership flyer or scroll down to find out more.
As an organisational member, you will get:
Access to expert advice, the latest information and support when you need it
- Good practice guidance on the latest fostering issues ranging from delegated authority to implementing a foster carers’ charter
- A local membership support consultant, who can provide advice and guidance to you and your colleagues and keep you up-to-date on all the latest sector information
- Recruitment and retention expertise throughout the year, including help with your media and social media campaigns
- Specialist e-news updates on recruitment and retention practice and sector trends
- Access to our twelve recruitment champions for peer-to-peer support and help
- Special members’ prices on our publications, training and events
- Regular updates on what’s happening in fostering through our e-newsletters
- Subscriptions for your staff to Foster Care, the UK’s leading fostering magazine
- Our information helpline for guidance on regulations, legislation, statistics and any queries related to fostering
- Access to our online resources, packed full of practical information and guidance.
Connections to the whole fostering community
- Our new online community brings members together from across the UK to share their experiences, swap tips and take part in ‘ask the expert’ sessions
- Regular free events on hot topics in fostering
- Facilitated regional and national forums
- Content for your foster carer newsletters.
The influence you need on the issues that matter
- We consult with all our members to help us influence UK governments, get your issues on the agenda and help shape the legislation that affects you.
- We campaign to raise the profile and status of foster carers through Foster Care Fortnight, our Sons and Daughters campaign and our high profile media work.
- Be a part of our policy consultation group, giving you a voice at national government, helping to shape discussions at the highest level.
How to join
Block membership for your foster carers
More than 75 per cent of fostering services provide membership for the Fostering Network for their foster carers. Join now to give your foster carers the independent support, advice and protection they need.
For less than £1 per household per week, you can make sure your foster carers are supported, stay informed and feel valued. Find out more about foster carer membership or complete the online block membership form to find out more about block membership.
Enhance your foster carer support with advice and mediation
If you are based in England you can purchase advice and mediation support for your foster carers in a variety of ways – an annual contract, a service level agreement, or through spot purchasing at special member rates. Find out more about our advice and mediation service.