The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 specify that all fostering services must have a fostering panel. It is considered good practice that panel members receive training to ensure that they have a clear understanding of what their responsibilities are.
Training together will also ensure that panel members from different disciplines and backgrounds can work together effectively.
This course is aimed at...
...all panels, new or established.
We recognise that all panels have different requirements and will consult with you to ensure that this training fully meets the needs of your panel. The learning outcomes below are given as examples.
This course will enable participants to
- explore roles and responsibilities
- examine how their own values and attitudes may affect their work on panels
- clarify the national legal framework for panels, and develop familiarity with the Fostering Services Regulations 2011, National Minimum Standards 2011
- consider how applicants experience panels
- develop an effective working relationship.
More experienced panels may also like to focus on more specialist areas such as:
- implications and issues arising from the Fostering Regulations 2011, National Minimum Standards 2011
- family and friends foster care
- independent Review Mechanism
- assessing the quality of an assessment.
Meet our trainers
Your trainer for this course is Raya Tibawi. Meet Raya