Who we are
The Fostering Network is led by a senior management team and a board of directors, with experience across social care, the third sector, business and finance.
President - Jim Bond
Jim has been fostering since 1994 and until recently was Chair of Essex Foster Carers' Council. He has many years experience of working with charities, especially in training, fundraising, campaigning and policy formation.
Jim says he is: "Committed to the development of a fully professional, adequately supported and properly funded foster care service throughout the UK."
Senior Management Team
- Chief Executive - Robert Tapsfield
- Deputy Chief Executive - Raina Sheridan
- Director of Finance and Resources - Sarah Powley
- Director of External Affairs - Lucy Peake
- Director, the Fostering Network Scotland - Sara Lurie
- Director, the Fostering Network Wales - Freda Lewis
- Director, the Fostering Network Northern Ireland - Margaret Kelly
Our trustees are elected by our members, or co-opted to bring specific skills to the board. Trustees have experiences of foster care, either as foster carers or through their work in fostering services.
Interested in becoming a trustee?
We need trustees who:
- are passionate about foster care and committed to making foster care better;
- can broaden the Board's experience of foster care;
- bring a diverse range of business skills and talents.
Elections will take place in the autumn when members will be notified of the nominations process. Find out about the nomination process (members only).
For information about becoming a trustee please contact the Chief Executive’s office at email@example.com or call 0207 620 6433.
If you would like to speak to a current trustee about the role, email Philip Brown, chair of the board, via firstname.lastname@example.org